4th Quarter Success


I did so great this term, I can't believe how good it's been.  I may be because I was unable to work because of a bad back, and the chair I sit in was the only comfortable one I had.....  So it worked out great.  1/2 hour of sewing, three hours sitting, etc.  But many are done, so what I've done is link to the blog entry that shows it's done, and have a picture of it completed.  Lets start shall we?!!  .

Here's the first one, a oval top to complete for my table top.  Love the colours, love the finished one...


The 2nd one is my row by rows.  I have a number of them, and now I have at least 9 left.  I've been continuing to work on getting a king size quilt all completed, and use quilt as I go on that one, but I digress, here is the one that I did complete...
This is 2 A....  I never worked on the bottom one, but I did do three other ones...


and the third and forth....


I plan on doing two of them, so does that make it 2A and 2B???  :)


The 3rd quilt is one to finish, it's the Vice Versa Quilt.  This has been on my list for the last two years.  I have promised myself I will finish this quilt before the end of the year, and it will be on my bed by November.  Well, all blocks are done, but I don't have the plain backdrop like you see in this picture so it's not done, and will be on the next quarter for sure.  But at least I got all blocks done.  It's a NO to this one.



Number 4 (another one you're saying?!!)  is the midnight Garden where all but one block is completed, and I need to do the outside as well as the inside.  It's a wool quilt, and the one I have left is the 3rd top one. It's completed, but I didn't do the siding on the quilts. I need more green, and I'm looking at doing a very big sided one, with maybe some rabbits.  Need more thinking on this one.  But the answer is NO on this one.


The 5th quilt was a NO as well, with too much quilting on my list.


The 6th one is here I made the pattern below a king size and the quilting is taking up all my time.  It's another christmas gift for my aunt in California.  This is number six.  And it's completed.  


Here's what I had...

and here's where I am

but it's not fully quilted.  So this is a NO.


The 7th quilt was a Christmas quilt. And it's done and on my bed!!!! It's a YES. Here is where I was at the start... with one row missing.


And here is the completion that is on my bed for winter

 The final row done.


Number 8.  It is a quilt that I want to give away for Christmas so it was on the list.  I have the kit for it and the class is the Pixel Quilt class from Caro Sheridan that is a free class on Craftsy.   On my list for next term.  It's a NO.

This is number 9 - a quilt for myself. It's a YES I now have my painting framed and now the quilt completed.  I'm so excited.  I am entering this to CQA and hopefully it will be accepted.  Here they both are, the before and after:  



No, that's the not the painting, that's the quilt.....


Number 10 is my barn doors I've been working on.  All quilted and hanging up again.  The before picture looks like the after...  So here's the after all quilted....  It's a YES

Sorry, light is terrible, but too big to move.


And while I'm on that one (number 11), I started another door, using a pattern from SewKindOfWonderful from their book "One Wonderful Curve".  The book is great, with really different designs.  I'm terrible at curves, but the curve ruler from SewKind of Wonderful makes it a breeze to make curves.  I have one panel done, need to work on the other panel and quilt them.  But i only have one door completed, so it's a NO.


2nd one done....



So that's 5 out of all of them, which pleases me.  I also have some other things (BOMs) caught up, so I am doing well, and I still have a week of holidays left so lets see what else can be done.


BONUS:  A pillow UFO completed.



SaveSaveSaveSave

Comments

  1. You sure made a lot of progress and finishes this quarter! I really like your You & Me quilt, hope your Aunt will enjoy it. On behalf of the 2017 FAL Hosts, thank you for participating in this quarter's Finish Along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah for everything you do. Truly, I would not be as productive, or as happy with my quilting without the FAL groups' encouragement. I hope you ladies continue with a 2018 FAL. I"m definitely there if you do.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Catching up

Summer is almost over