2017 Finish Along 4th Quarter

I'm excited, and I want to start listing what I want to complete for the last quarter.  I've been working on a number of them already in September so I want my list in!!!!

Here's the first one, a oval top to complete for my table top.  Love the colours.


The 2nd one is my row by rows.  I have a number of them, but I think I need to do more rows from the Canadian quilt shops to complete a quilt for my comfort.  I'm hoping it will be about 70" * 70" or close to.    I love the different designs of the fabric, and can't wait to see the brilliance of the white against the colors.  Once the quilt is different, it would be against a dark wood color.  Wait until you see it.  Here's two of the rows.


I plan on doing two of them, so does that make it 2A and 2B???  :)



The 3rd quilt is one to finish, it's the Vice Versa Quilt.  This has been on my list for the last two years.  I have promised myself I will finish this quilt before the end of the year, and it will be on my bed by November.  There!!!  I've said it and I mean it  :)  I have the straight line ones to complete and then the middle areas, and then I have to quilt the entire thing.  Below is all my pieces, yes ladies in a bag like all the other UFOs.



Number 4 (another one you're saying?!!)  is the midnight Garden where all but one block is completed, and I need to do the outside as well as the inside.  It's a wool quilt, and the one I have left is the 3rd top one.  Then I'm on my way.



The 5th quilt (yes there is a fifth one) is one that is already made, it's just the quilting part that takes so long.    This one is at least three years old.  It's a beautiful quilt, from the Craftsy class Block of the Month by Amy Gibson (it's free), with great material that looks tie die. I got it on sale 4 years ago so don't ask me who designed it.  But it's been sitting there, ready to learn quilting on from the Craftsy class "Free Mo Quilting a Sampler" with Leah Day.  I have 3 or 4 blocks quilted. Need to to all twelve. 



I made the pattern below a king size and the quilting is taking up all my time.  It's another christmas gift for my aunt in California.  This is number six.


Here's what I got...

The 7th quilt (and I'll probably get this one done right away) is a Christmas quilt.  I need to complete one more row then quilt it.  It's my snow quilt.  I've been working on it for the past month, and that final row of paper piecing is taking time, but It's on the way.  And the quilting will be all over the place, making it look like the wind is hitting it.


Number 8.  It is a quilt that I want to give away for Christmas so it's on the list.  I have the kit for it and the class is the Pixel Quilt class from Caro Sheridan that is a free class on Craftsy.  My sunflower quilt was made by this one and I really loved her design so I got the quilt to finish it off.

Here's my sunflower quilt


Here's the quilt that I have the kit (and it's still in the bag - I have to find it) 


This is number 9 - a quilt for myself.  I always wanted to do a painting and then make the quilt.  I've done the painting already (see below) and now I'm working on the quilt design (in black and white of course) of two zebras, using pieces of black to make the outlines.  It's going to be great.


Number 10 is my barn doors I've been working on.  I've been working on the Canadian Mystery Quilt BOM by Shania Sunga Designs, and I've completed all of them.  I didn't like the background setting material so I used blue.  I've seperated them into two quilts that are my doors, and now I'm quilting them.  One door is done (not showing until both are done) and the other is below.  I've quilted as I went each block, just doing the setting in a wandering pattern. 


And while I'm on that one (number 11), I started another door, using a pattern from SewKindOfWonderful from their book "One Wonderful Curve".  The book is great, with really different designs.  I'm terrible at curves, but the curve ruler from SewKind of Wonderful makes it a breeze to make curves.  I have one panel done, need to work on the other panel and quilt them.



OK, that's enough.  That's eleven in three months (some are to be completed in three months).

Wish me luck.




SaveSaveSaveSave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Catching up

Summer is almost over