OMG for February is completed!!!

The flying geese for my OMG is completed!!!!  It doesn't look as good as I thought it would in my living room, so I'll try something else, but it is definitely pretty.  And it was so simple to make.  Each square is from a layer cake.  You put together then you cut half way in the middle, mark the centre on top (5") and cut the triangle to the centre.  Swap the triangles you cut (because you had the two) and put back the square which turns into a rectangle because of the 1/4 margin sewing.  In the end you cut the rectangles back to squares.  I used the extra ones (because there were) for the back.  I am  so early for this, it makes me so happy!!!!  But I must admit it's because of the snow days in our district.  As a teacher I was off for three days because of the danger of driving with snow on the ground in Vancouver BC.  Many people here don't have snow tires, let alone all purpose.
The back of the quilt is flannel.  I love the design, it looks very practical, and very modern.  Unfortunately I don't remember the name of it and I got the last of it for this quilt.  It matches so well with the look of the quilt.



The quilting was done on every dark section, just a simple wandering quilting.  Nothing on the light fabric, so I went around some triangles, then I went on the triangles.  The border around was to make it larger, and I did some of my fancy stitches on my machine for something new to do.  I like the look of it.



Do you think it goes in my living room?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again