Skip to main content

My Modern mini is here!!!


I didn't realize that I put the address of the school on my application for my Modern Mini exchange.  My partner is from Nebraska, her name is Megan.  Here's her web site to see some of her work.  And her Instangram account.  She's really into modern quilting, an area that I am currently going into, so Megan, thanks for encouraging me with that great blog entry.  I am very pleased with it.  Already it's out on one of my tables in the living room.  Right on an antique table by my husband.  Love the contrast between the antique side table and so modern a piece. I love the stitching that was done on the bottom and top, in the perfect thread (yes Megan I'm into thread a lot lately.)  Megan did a section of Alison Glass's Feather Quilt.  See the link for the web site.    I love her stuff as well.  I bought the Timber pattern.  See below for the Feather Quilt.




I say you go for it Megan and make it.  Love how some of the pieces are strips and some are full pieces, just like you did in your mini to me.  That was outstanding.

What do the rest of you think?

By the way, in case you're interested, here is my modern mini to someone in Toronto.  I hope they like it as well.


I did some inking around each shape to give it a three dimensional look.  It's dark yellows, and gold in the corner, and then the t-dye greens.  I quilted the heck out of it, and it's 25" by 25".  I put a piece on the back to hang it on a wall.  I was really pleased with the effects.  What do you think?  She's got it by now.  I mailed it two weeks ago before the 17th.

thanks again Megan.

Comments

  1. I'm so glad it got to you and that you like it! To ship internationally, I've learned that I have to go to an actual post office and getting there took me forever.

    One of my coworkers has become a big fan of your blog and was awfully surprised to find out that I have a blog, too, through your post. :)

    I am so in awe of the amount of work you get done and look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that it's Spring Break you will see a lot more. Love your modern work, it inspires me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Down the Rabbit Hole - finally I started it...

As was my goal this year, I wanted to do some blocks of the month online, do some samplers, and Gable House and Co. has a fantastic one.  It's called "Down the Rabbit Hole" and Jennifer Overstreet does a fantastic job of explaining each and every step.  At this point it's very simple for a beginner quilter, and although I'm past that step, it's still fun to figure out other ways to do the blocks, making it more challenging.

A friend of mine gave me 50 pieces of fabric for my 50th birthday, so I'm using all those scraps.  They have  patterns with green, blue, pink and red, some modern, some old.  It's quite the combo but it's going well so far.  I'm  using some green material as a filler or background to bring it all together.  I already purchased 2 meters of this greenso that's working out with no new purchases.  The object in "my head" is to use all that material she gave me, so it will be my birthday quilt at the end.  The thi…

2017's New Quarter Start.

Well, another year's gone by with a lot accomplished (see the tab above marked 2017) to see all that I've accomplished in the way of quilts.  And a large part of it is thanks to the 2016th Finish Along (FAQ).   I've always been a big fan of making lists and the group at the Finish Along has always helped me to think about it, as well as enter all my list of items.  And as luck would have it they're doing it again.  
So here it is, another list for me to try to complete.  If I do two or three of them I will be very happy, but I will try to list all of them.  I'm hoping for two very special ones to be completed.  You've seen them often on my list, but here they are again.

Goal #1: I've completed 6 of the wool projects, and I'm hoping to complete the other 6 of the Midnight Garden.  Here is one example, 6 more to go....  I love doing these but it takes at least a month to do it.  So keep an eye on this blog to see what can be done...  It's a beautiful qu…

Sewing

Well, it's true.... when someone tells you to take it easy you don't....
I have had five days of no driving due to vertigo from an ear infection and with no ability to walk straight I just sat..... for about 10 minutes, and then I was off.....
I sat in front of my sewing machine and completed a few things that I wanted to do.  Here are some of the results:
This was left over from another quilt with a few pieces missing.  It now has the binding and is on my sideboard.  The binding is chocolate brown. Pink Lemonade quilt from the Quilty Box.  Got bored of it fast so I moved on.  Replaced one UFO I finished with a new one.


The Canadian Mystery Quilt BOM.Almost completed, one to go and the binding.I have also started to stitch/quilt each one.I'll quilt as I go when I'm all done.This one is BC with the whales and the spirit bear.



This Row by Row is home for Yellowknife...  love it.
This was a free BOM from Quilty Designs (I love their designs) in 2014 I believe.  I did 5 m…