Finishing some things...

I'm writing about finishing or rather trying to finish some of my UFOs that are laying around.  Really, I'm trying to organize but I keep on cutting out something new.  So, that's it!!!  I'm getting stubborn.  I've joined something else (yeah, I know, you're into everything Nicole), but it's something that I've meant to do to organize things (my New Years Resolutions) and this will help.


The premise is the following:  with the help of All People Quilts, I am challenging myself to finish some of my UFOs (unfinished projects.).  I need to fill out a  UFO Challenge chart here that is basically a chart to fill out 12 projects that I want to complete.  They could be kits that I have, or quilts 1/2 done, anything.  On the first of each month they draw a number from 1 - 12 and i have to see what that quilt is and complete it.  Then I post a photo of my finished projects and my process on Facebook or Twitter using the hastag #APQResolution.  I call talk about my progress, post pictures for people to see and basically share.

The idea is that by the end of the year I'll have 12 finished projects.  But its the form that I really like.  Here it is but remember I'm two behind so I need to catch up in March. with #2 and #5 which is doable.  But what's the number for March?  Thank goodness I have spring break coming up to catch up  ;)



Project
Status Before
Status Afterward
1)  Pixilated Sunflower I created
All cut out and sewn, needs to be quilted.

2)  Birds on a wire from Quilt Mania
Have a birds cut out, and some of the small quilts.  Need to continue to put them on and quilt entire thing.

3)  Midnight Garden
All material there but haven’t cut anything

4)  Garden that’s applique and wool – block of the month
All material is there but nothings been quilted.

5)  Blue stars
Two stars made, need to come up with idea to bind

6)  Houses – block of the month
All material is there,

7)  Block Lotto quilt - scraps
Missing 10 blocks – last two months, needs to be put together and quilted

8)  Green strip quilt
Quilts entirely made except for a side edge to make it a queen size quilt.  Need to put on sashing then quilt it all

9)  Lily quilt
All completed.  Even sold.  Need to quilt it.

10)  two more quilts from the book PreCut Primers – authors Me and My Sister Designs.
These use 2 ½ strips to create.  Have material but not much more.  Need to cut.



I'm disorganized, with too many quilts started, or buying the fabrics for the next one and then it just stays that way.

Here is my other goal - to make at least 10 blocks a month for the 365 blocks - a block a day, and with the Splendid Block from Pat Sloan which has two blocks a week, I plan on doing at least one a week for that one.

As stated before, I can't buy any more material until I make two quilts (I have another friend who is like me except her's is knitting, joining me in this.  We enable each other to buy so that's stopping!!).

Wish me luck

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Catching up

Summer is almost over