January Goals Completed and More

It's official, I got the zoo completed.  I call it animals in the City, with a yellow border of city buildings and boxy quilting, I'm proud of how it turned out.


The lion was the hardest (as stated in the instructions), but it does look so good!!


See the quilting?  Wandering in the blue and squares to match the buildings (they're very faint) in the yellow. This block was my favorite.  Which one is your's?


My second goal was my Quilt Doodle "These are a Few of my Favorite Things". Will write more on it later showing the complete progress but here is a picture to show it's completeness.  There is embroidery, beads, applique, everything...  It's quite large - 104 inches by 80 (I added another border to the edging to make it bigger).  But it's great for an overlap for the pillow, and hanging down around a twin bed.


December's block was anything we wanted.  I wanted to add a  quote of some sort.  One quote that always stuck in my head is "It's not the years in your life, it's the life in your years." and with a quilt of favorite things, it's  great words to live by.  I embroidered it on the quilt.  You can see apart of it above.   Cindy at Quilt Doodle did such a great job again!!!  And she's starting another one already!  Check the top left hand corner for the newest or click HERE. 

But that's not all that was done this month, there was December's Aurifill mini quilt by Celine Perkins.  I do so love doing the minis but now Pat Sloan and Aurifil are back to doing blocks to make a completed quilt.  The next one is by Heather Valentine and it's quite modern.



Also in my frenzie to quilt I finished another row from the Row by Row experience this summer.....

The theme was water.  And now this makes 9 so far.  And next year a new one is coming - Home Sweet Home.  So I have to complete all my rows before I can start again....  My rule, not my husbands..  But with 52 rows to complete, come on, I have to get real!!



I started the new Quilt Doodle BOM - 6 reindeers.  The quilt will be a Christmas one, and you can never have too many of those...  :)


It's Called "Tis the Season", and it finishes as a 63" x 73".  The finish item is the picture on the side of my blog, so I know what it will look like, and I'm quite excited about it.

An entry to the Block Lottery which also has a mystery quilt on it for all the blocks you make.... Birds for this month...  I entered these 5 blocks in a lottery hoping to win blocks from others to make a complete quilt.





And I completed the forth block for my girlfriend's Christmas quilt (yes I know I'm late).  Sorry, no photo right now.

How did everyone else do this month?

Linking up to OMG for the Goal contest.  So pleased with myself!!!  Made the two goals!




Comments

  1. Your zoo is gorgeous. You have been a busy person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have been working overtime! Super cute Animals in the City quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those animals are the cutest! I've seen a few blocks from that series, but yours is the first completed zoo I've seen. Congrats on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have been busy! Love them all but especially your urban zoo. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun zoo quilt! That walrus really does it for me - he's my fave ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again