Another month of a Lovely Year of Finishes....

Although I am on track with the 4th quarter of the 2015 Finish Along, I am choosing quilts to finish for that quarter that are not on my 2015 "A Lovely Year of Finishes"!!!  Instead I am continuing to plan new quilts, buying material for them, and starting quilts then stopping to start a new one.  I was considering starting another block of the month with Tom's Sewing in Surrey, BC for a Canadian quilt and I stopped and said "Why?  I don't have enough?"  Like every quilter out there there is never enough fabric but we got to stop at some point don't we?  Am I the only one out there like this???? One is such a lonely number  :{ 

A Lovely Year of FinishesSo that's it!  I listed all my quilts that I have the material and the pattern to do and I've come up with 38 quilts!!!  When I told my husband he asked me what I was going to do with all of them (9 are going to be queen size for our bed)?  When I said I don't know he said I'm starting to be a quilting horder.  Is there such a thing?  

So that's it, I have promised myself that I would definitely this month finish one of my quilts!!!!  And it's going to be a queen.  And it's doable even with school duties and being sick, and all the things the two of us do.  So here it is.....

This quilt is about 15 years old.  I started it with a fabric club, loved the material samples (1/2 meter each) so much I ordered away for more and made the pattern from "Joined at the Heart" by Anne Moscicki and Linda Wyckoff-Hickey.  The quilt is called "Fireside Snuggler Quilt" and in the book it's red and tan.  My quilt has red in it as you can see, but with browns mostly.  You get to see what I'm working with but not the finished product.  I need to do one more roow around and then quilt the entire thing.  It's a queen quilt and I want it for November when the weather gets cold here in Surrey, British Columbia.

This is doable as well as necessary, as my other two queen quilts will be a little too hot for now.  Plus the colours of this quilt is to die for.  So stay tune, I'm determine to get this one done!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again