Results of my Third Quarter Finish Along

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side
I'm the first to admit it, I'm not doing so well when it comes to my goals although I have finished some quilts along the way (but not the ones I said I would complete).

So here were my goals from this quarter and the link:
  • Online Craftsy Class - Quilting my BOM from Craftsy -  have only 3 blocks completed, need to complete 9 more by the end of August.
  • Quilt the sun flower quilt. -  
  • Elephant parade - what I had to do
    • Complete flower block (need to cut new ones out and then make them)
    • Complete one bird block
    • Put it all together
    • quilt it.
I swore that I would make at least one of these dates and so I have the following:

I have completed the elephant parade and I am so happy with it, I could cry!!!  You can get this pattern from Sew Fresh Quilts.  The pattern called for 1 inch borders and 2 1/2 inches around the edge borders.  I did 2 1/2 between blocks, and then 3 and a half around the end. The pattern is suppose to be a baby quilt but it's now a large lap quilt.  I used all scraps and two different fat quarters that I found.  The white background I had as well, but then I ran out.  I used three different off whites in the quilt, and it doesn't show. 

I quilted it in waves, with heart outlines on the top and the bottom.




The back is flannel with small elephants on it.  Cuddly.


the quilting - notice the bottom, of hearts.  I embroidered the legs of the bird to make it interesting.


All scraps, and the bird I added.  I made an extra large elephant by mistake, ran out of grey material, so I used the large elephant instead and did some editing of the pattern.


Hearts on the top. My favourite - the frog with it's big eyes.  :)

The sun flower quilt has been finished (top layer only).  I have sandwiched the quilt, and started to quilt the top.  I am doing tiny circles at a angle, to look like the sun flower seeds in the centre of the flower (in black thread).  But is it completely finished?  No.

The third quilt (the lesson on quilting from Craftsy) is not completed at all.  Darn, one out of three isn't bad at all.  So I'm happy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again