Missed it by that much!!! August's "ALYOF"

OK, I didn't make my goal last month but gee, was that hard to do!!! Over 16 hours of quilting on a small machine in 30 degrees heat.  OK> enough complaining.  So I'll do something smaller, and that will give me time to finish the old goal (I hate leaving something unfinished).


This is from Aurifil Threads, a modern QAL going on.  One of the blocks was a spool pattern (I'm doing all flowers) from Chez Claire's for February's block (click on the Aurifil Label to see all the blocks), but she was also kind enough to show a pattern for making a small quilt for the end of the bed.  I was gathering up some indigo and I thought that would be the perfect think to do.  Make it so it also has a pocket at the end so you can keep some stuff in it, like your book, reading glasses, etc.

My quilt will be for a queen size quilt, so I want it to hand a lot on the sides (to protect those glasses), and I like quilts draping.



I"m gone for two weeks, so that's all the time I'll have to complete this, 2 weeks, but I think it's doable, just not with all the other BOMs that I'm in.  So I'll try.  Then I'll complete my other one, the top section to quilt going vertical lines (1/2 inch apart), and 6 more blocks to complete!!

Vertical lines to do on the top part (missing those
yellow squares on top...

6 more 12.5 inch blocks to complete
Darn, there I go complaining again!!!  By the way, the husband loves this quilt, and right now the cat is under it in 30 degree heat!!  Crazy cat!  He wants to break it in  ;)  Notice the bump?


A Lovely Year of Finishes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again