June's Lovely Year of Finishes.

A Lovely Year of Finishes
Well, it's almost the end of the month and I need to share my "Lovely Year of Finishes" quilts.  I know we're suppose to do one and one was fully pieced, quilted and binded but I also finished piecing together my other BOM from Material Girl's Block of the Month with Layer Cakes.  I learned many different patterns using large HSTs.  I'm definitely doing a quilt with these two patterns only.


Love the look of these two blocks, put them together and make sure the curve  of the 2nd one matches the corner of the other, and it would look great.  The final quilt top is below.  I'm free style quilting small circles on the black part only.  I guess that will be July's ALYF's.  There were 20 squares in total, and 3 inch borders around each one, plus if you look at the top of the picture you'll see the black with some left over yellow.  For the top.  The other side of the quilt has the light pastel purple for the quilt.  Fits my queen size bed all around with blocks hanging on both sides.  2nd biggest quilt I've made.


The second quilt that I said I would complete (sandwiched, quilted and binded), is the BOM that I made with Gable House and Company.  It's called "Down the Rabbit Hole".  This is my "Birthday Quilt" because a friend gave me 50 pieces of material for my birthday.  I have material left over, but that's another "Lovely Year of Finishes" for entry  ;)  I want you to note the quilting on this quilt with the pictures, there is embroidery, machine stitching, and free style quilting.  It's lap size.  The part that took the longest were the flying geese around the first border.  Here are some close up pictures.  Of the free style quilting, the fan block I made,and the quilting around the roses.  Showed the gift giver, and now she's given me some more blocks to work with  ;)

Got to love these people who believe I have a fabric problem!  :}

To see what else I did this month click here for my to do list.
 

Final quilt!!


Comments

  1. Love the background fabric you used - the blocks look like they're floating.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again