Quick upload of what was done today

All the Blocks caught up.

I had to take another sick day today because the voice was gone.  Vocal cords had blockage on it, so between gargling and drinking hot tea all day, it's partly back but still not 100%.  But in between sewing and sleeping, and just keeping myself from being bored (that darn AHDH again!!!) I was able to catch up with some of my BOMs.  So here they are. 


I'm very proud that I caught up with the Aurifil blocks.  At first I was afraid to use all the flower pattern ones that I had been gathering for some reason, but to tell you the truth, it's really looking very good.  What's your opinion?



Still working on a end quilt for my bed with this pattern.
January.
February - Mother's Day Block.
Will quilt a flower pattern in the canter.
March - love the selection of colours.

April's Block
Some hand stitching on the white.

Four more blocks I did (two more entries caught up)
But that was not all, I had some blocks all ready to stitch together, so I started to do that.  Now remember, I was sewing, then sleeping or taking a break, then sewing, then doing something else, then sleeping, and so on.  So I am amazed at how much was done and quite proud of how well I'm doing in catching up with all the blocks of the months.  Here's the next group of quilt blocks that are 18' (quite large) and with Material Girls which do two blocks every two weeks.  Should be done that full quilt by the end of this month.  THIS quilt was hard to keep up with all the others, and not hard to do, but a lot of work never the less using HST blocks for all the quilt.  Take a look and you'll see what I mean, all the pieces are half squares.

Block 11

Block 9

Block 12

Block 10
I still have 13 - 16 to catch up, but it's getting there.  Missed out on the first contests, for those who kept up.  I'm hoping to enter the 2nd contest which is the quilt completed.  But I have uploaded to their flickr account.  Truthfully, you feel guilty for not being on time  ;)

Will stash the quilt with that poka dotted quilt.  Love that my background is the busy part and the blocks are different shades of yellow, blue, green, purple and light tan.  Can't wait to play with placement to see how the complete quilt will be.  It will be big enough for a queen size quilt.


Comments

  1. I'm also doing Aurifil's BOM! and Love Blooms Here & Barbara Brackman's 2014 BOM....but 9!! wow, you go girl!...Beautiful work BTW..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Catching up

Summer is almost over