Well I joined the FVQG like I said I would and it was the best decision I made!!!  The library is incredible, the people so friendly! and the guest speaker was the reason I went.  

Kathy McNeil was not only elequant in her presentation, but the members in the morning serssion came again to see her in the afternoon.  That has to say something about her.  What says even more are her quilts.  You can see her quilts at http://www.kathymcneilquilts.com/ but the pictures below are the quilts she brought to show to talk about.  Most have taken 1200 - 1500 hours of work.  Talk about patience.  I bought the fabric paint crayons to start painting backgrounds....  So cool!!!  I can't wait to start appliqué again!!


The picture itself is outstanding but.....
This one shows the quilting so much more!!!

This one makes you feel cold!!!

I'm so sorry that this one blurred, no flash photography...

The quilting on this quilt is outstanding, 1500 hours of work.

Little Yoyos the size of your fingernail....  My god!!!



I AM MOTIVATED!!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again