Darn, can't quilt for a while...

I've been on a roll, finished 2 quilts this Christmas holiday, started the Secret Santa quilt I got before the holidays (half way through it, all the cutting is done), finished the initial outline of an appliqué quilt I was working on, and was almost finished my angel appliqué I started before Christmas, when it happened....  I cut myself....

Has this happened to anyone else or am I the only dumb smuck who cut off the tip of her finger while rotary cutting the binding for my quilt...  Lot of blood, lost the corner tip.  In Surrey BC when you go to emergency hospital you're looking at 2 - 3 hours, so I blinded it up with the help of my husband (and an hour of lecturing that I cut too fast), stopped the bleeding, lost the tip of my finger that I cut off, and I'll go to the walk in clinic tomorrow to make sure it won't get infected.  Won't be cutting for a while until I get my nerves up to use the rotary blade again. Can't sew for a while, finger too painful.  Darn, and I was so close to finishing another one.  Looks like I'm back to hand stitching, thank goodness I'm ambidextrous!


N. Painchaud

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again